Friday, June 23, 2006

Ok, lets see if this one lasts more than a month

Yes, this is about the fourth blog I have had!!

I got bored, forgot passwords etc with my last ones... mostly getting bored.

Well, I have been reading my friend Craig's blog recently, and it has inspired me to get round to having my own blog. I was also pushed towards it today whilst watching UKTV Foods show - Food Uncut, which replaced Great Food Bites, which was nothing more than a mere clip show of previous things I saw about a month ago, repeated regulary. So I am quite happy with the appearance of this new show.

On it they were saying about blogging about food, and recipes you have and if you want to slag off a restaurant you are free to do so. I won't be doing that, my recipe's are mine and I'm a curmudgeondy old git (at the tender age of 18) and I don't want theiving bastards stealing my ideas.

But all these factors have only minor roles to play in me taking up a blog. The main reason my blogs never lasted all that long before is...

My life was bloody boring before

And, even though, I am not yet running the counrty, nor am I running a small hamlet, and nor am I running anything inbetween... or anything quite as interesting as that.

I am finally finding things to talk about because my life has become interesting, I have a band, my parents have split up (not good, but its made a significant change in my life), I have been at college (and failed my course because of parents and stress etc), turned 18, so I go out drinking and forget things... so in actual fact blogs about my nights out drinking will be something more along the lines of ::

"Err.. wen't out last night, woke up on the floor at a mate of a mate's house... I don't know what happened, but my jaw aches"

So anyroad... I thought I would start off my blog with a few staple facts about myself.

My name :: I was named Kristopher David Ball... incidentally I still am. The name has a story. An embarressing one. I shall tell you.

My mum was a big fan (and probably still is sadly) of David Sole, famous for playing Starsky in Starsky & Hutch (No kiddies, it wasn't Ben Stiller, we're talking about the 80's TV Cop show) and I, sadly, was named after his son, Kristoffer David Sole. David Sole had a breif pop career, and recorded an LP with a song called Kristoffer David, that he wrote for his son, my mum love/s/d/(delete as nessecary) this song, and wanted me to be called Kristoffer David. My dad was quite happy for me to be called Christopher David, they eventually came to a compromise of taking the good bits of both names (the "K" and the "ph") to give me the name Kristopher David Ball.

My age :: 18, on the 3rd of September 1987... about 5 minuites of being named Kristopher David Ball, I was born, I don't know how much I weighed so don't ask... I never understand when someone says "I've had a baby", one of the first questions asked is always "How much did s/he weigh?"... I mean, does it matter? They have a baby and you want to know how many bags of sugar they are equivilent to?!?!

My hobbies :: Well, I play guitar in my affore mentioned band and sing in it too. We play ska punk music, which is fun indeed. We have trumpets and everything. I also like watching UKTV Food, as you may have gathered. Another hobby is drinking... a lot. I shall divulge more on my drinking exploits at a later date.

My job :: I am currently unemployed, so if you want to offer me a job, please, you're more than welcome to. I did however go for a job interview at Fleetwood's Subway, which opens on Wednesday, I hope I get the job I do!

Bands I like :: The Emotional Problems Of Dirk Diggler (they're fit), Reel Big Fish are amazing, and I met them all too! & Jethro (my mates band, we are talking about doing a split EP with them too!!)

Anyways, I think that is enough for right now, but I intend to blog AT LEAST once a week, and if I don't, just bug me on msn at :: krisballantieverything@hotmail.com or email me at kristoffska@yahoo.co.uk .

Thank you and good night

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

=D cool blog, UKTV Food is ace