Monday, June 26, 2006

I wanna write a musical

Yes, thats right, I wanna be the next Andrew Lloyed Webber... or preferably the next Richard O' Brian.

I wanna write a goddamned musical.

However, before I would go about starting the songs, I would need to have an idea where the musical is going to go, and a basic plot. Alas, I'm not the greatest mind when it comes to stories. I have had a couple of shite ideas, and I will tell you about them.

The Tale Of Sonny Gritts : My band have a song called "The Ballad Of Sonny Gritts". Sonny Gritts is a gangster, and the song my band have is about his watery demise. I thought about telling his whole life story through song. Now this, this could be a brilliant idea, the only gangster musical that springs to mind at present, is Bugsy Malone... and we all know that is shite!

Some daft old band story : Not my suggestion! I hasten to add, there has only been one, and will only ever be one good musical about a band, and that is Hedwig & The Angry Inch. No musical about the life of a band will ever really be remotely interesting, no matter how rocking the songs are. Half the point of a musical is to tell a story. You can go to a rock show to hear a few old songs.

And it was at this point, I had an imagination failure, I guess you could call it writers block, I fell at the first hurdle, stopped writing before I even started writing.

I'm a failure, the critics will never get to appreciate the music I long to perform on stage, oh my, what am I to do? ... Umm, sorry about that, just a drama queen moment haha.

It is however, my intention, to actually write a musical, and star in it, like I said, I want to be the next Richard O' Brian.

Till next time, give me diction luvvies

Kristoff x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this blog! i must read that book... nick horby kicks major arse. i think they should introduce the monster raving loony party law about a 99p coin to save on change in addition to the cap tax. my brother wears a cap because he is metamorphosising into a townie-type. ought my parents to pay the tax?

Kristoff said...

whey, someone likes my blog, woopah