Saturday, July 01, 2006

What a day

Well then, today was a trip to Liverpool to watch the Rocky Horror Show, for the second time round! And what a day it has been.

Started with a leisurly drive to Blackpool Vic for my dad to get his surgical scrubs (will explain later) and then followed with a drive into Liverpool, on the back roads. We passed about 20 trac'ors (I refuse to call them tractors, it doesn't sound like what they do), we also had some aggro off a few lunatic drivers, it appears that people in Liverpool know not how to control a car, even if they *alledgedy* hold a UK driving liscense!

When we got to Liverpool, we looked for a cash machine to get money to purchase some grub. Did you know, its nigh on imposible to find a cash machine near The Empire Theatre? We eventually found one, next door to a music shop, so I went in there for a moch at the saxaphones, because as soon as I have a job I am going to rent one out and give it a whirl, hopefully I should be a natural lol! My dad ooked queasy when he saw the £300 price tag haha.

We then went to a restraunt, which I think EVERY town should have one, called May Sum's. It's an all you can eat chinese/cantonese buffet restraunt, where you sit down, order yourself some drinkie poo's, we ordered Tsingtao Beer, which was beautiful by the way, and proceeded to get some grub on our plates. Now this place is brilliant if you are cultured, or at least open minded, however, a few things saddened me, things I would want to change. I shall make a list...

  • They have chips on the buffet table. I'm sorry, but if I ran the place, I would refuse to serve chips, as people can get their sodding chips down any cunting fast food shop (except Subway hahah) and, besides... what's so good about a few deep fried spuds anyways?
  • They serve sweet and sour pork, chicken and beef. I hate it. But not only that, you ask your everyday englishman/woman what their favorite chinese food is, and they will 70% of the time say sweet and sour pork/chicken/beef/all three. Yet at this place they have such joys as sezchaun style ribs, and vermicelli noodles, and black bean coated beef, and beef in a ginger sauce, and such joyous foods you don't get to eat every day... but NO! I saw a woman pile half of her plate with egg fried fucking rice, and the other half with sweet and sour cunting chicken. WHY?!?! ... and I thought that was bad, until her husband got half a plate of chips, and half a plate of sweet and sour chicken. THEY PAYED £6 FOR THIS MEAL!! CRYING OUT LOUD, GET YOUR MONEYS WORTH AND EXPAND YOUR TASTES AND BECOME MORE CULTURED!!
  • Chopsticks... a severe lack of, although I suppose this is for the uncultured fucks of the chips and sweet and sour chicken generation, that they only provide a knife and fork on the table. So if you feel like being adventerous and giving something new a try (or in my case an art I have mastered), and using chopsticks, you have to ask, they keep them hidden away in a draw under where the food is, not in plain view so anyone can pick some up and try it, which brings me to think, what a lazy breed of human we are these days.

I did see a few other people using chopsticks... they however were all chinese, I felt quite proud of myself though, I felt that by using chopsticks, it shows that I am more than happy to learn from other cultures and embrace it, I at home, have two pairs of chopsticks (granted, stolen from chinese restraunts, but hey, where else do you see them)... but I hope that when they saw me they we're quite happy to see a non chinese person using the chopsticks, correctly, as I do recall once seeing some fat fuck just stab food with one chopstick and eating off it like a skewer.

Another rule they have there which I think is briliant is, that if you waste food, you pay more. I need not rant on about it. Its plain obvious why it is genius! (And secretly, I hope uncultured cunts waste lots of food just to make them pay more for being fucking morons)

Anyways, after that, we set off to the Empire Theatre, with surgical scrubs in the bag, went to the toilet and changed into them & got the rubber gloves out... for those who are unfortunate enough to have never gotten the chance to see The Rocky Horror Show, firstly, I pity you... secondly, we were dressed like this, because the main character, Frank-N-Furter, during the creation scene, where he brings Rocky Horror himself, to life, wears hospital scrubs... well technically, he wears a surgical gown. But hospital scrubs will suffice, next time though, full drag for me.

Anyhoo, suffice to say the show was brilliant, as it was the first time round, and I'm now off to look into the dates, and location of, the shows in Stoke later this year.

Toodleoo!!

Kristoff xXx

No comments: