Sunday, March 09, 2008

I keep saying this...

I keep saying this to myself, constantly;

"I'm going to get back into the habit of blogging more often"

Well, I'll tell you what, I fail at keeping promises, although not a promise to anyone (as I doubt anyone even reads my blog, EVER), but a promise to myself. You see, when I type, my fingers just run all over my keyboard, and I just don't look at all, so, I find it quite a good way to just vent, or say how I feel, just to myself almost (although I will probably be linking people to this after I have written it, so, if you're reading, hello!!)

So, my life, what have I been up to recently? It's all been a bit bland if I'm being totally honest, since January, I have been looking for a job, and failing something rotten. I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I am trying my damnedest to get myself back into having a job of some form, and nowhere is getting past the interview stage. My CV is fantastic, and the Job Centre asked who helped me write it (to which I was rather offended they were ready for grouping me with the regular gormless cretins which find their way in and out of the revolving door every fortnight to sign on so they can get pissed off their giro the following Thursday)

Yeah, I'm on job seekers allowance, so yeah, dole scum, whatever, it's the only thing keeping food in my stomach at the moment, and I hate being on it, I just want a proper job. I recently went for a typing test for a job as an audio typist, and totally flew through the test, making only one mistake, and that was only because I couldn't hear the word, I had the best results from all the people who took the test, and I never got offered the position, and I fear my interview skills are just bloody awful. Interviews are horrible, you feel under pressure to say the right things (which, fair enough, you should say), but it's an uncomfortable thing to do for me, and my dad is always telling me that I won't get jobs before job interviews (I wish I was joking, I don't know why he likes to make me feel even more scared than I already am)

So, other than the job thing, what else have I been doing? Well, not a lot, other than rehearsing with my new ska pop band, Peter Simple. We have our début gig on the 4th April at West Coast Rock Club Above in Blackpool, and if you're reading this (hello again!!!), I would really appreciate it if you could drag your sexy behind down for a boogie. We're intending on covering a couple of famous songs, and some original stuff too, so it's going to be a good night!!

Nakedness is something else that has been happening with an alarming regularity to me recently. Only a couple of nights ago, did I join The Ceramic Hobs on stage to do an erotic dance and strip tease (which culminated in me bending some guy, who came up to dance with me, over, and pretending to fuck him up the arse, and then giving the theramin player a mock handjob [his costume was an inflatable one, and it was in the way!!])

It's happened at a couple of my solo gigs too! (Well, without the audience "interaction" anyway!!)

Love has been an interesting thing recently too, but I guess if I spilt everything now, I wouldn't have anything to write about in my next blog would I?

If you're reading this (hello again!!), thanks for reading, and leave a comment on it all, so I can maybe get advice on my life/interview techniques/how to remain fully clothed and not be a drunken wanker... it is all rather helpful!!

Kris xxx


No comments: